Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Choose an aftercare product that is specifically formulated to be used on a fresh tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Noxema, Neosporin, Bactine, etc. on the tattooed area!
- Over the counter products were never intended to be used as tattoo aftercare
How do I take care of my new tattoo in the first 72 hours?
- Never touch your new tattoo without first washing your hands thoroughly with a mild soap.
- Remove the bandage or wrapping applied by the artist in a clean, familiar environment within 1-3 hrs of arriving home.
- Immediately wash tattoo with a mild soap.
- Do not scrub. Pat your tattoo dry with a clean, disposable paper towel.
- Do not re-bandage your fresh tattoo! Your tattoo is an open wound and must be allowed to “breathe”.
- Continue to wash the tattooed area gently 2-3 times daily (or as needed).
- Always wash your hands again after touching your fresh tattoo!
How Do I Take Care of My New Tattoo after the first 72 Hours?
- Wash your hands and tattoo with a mild soap.
- Apply a very thin coat of an aftercare product like Tat2Butt’r or SimpleShield to the tattooed area.
- Rub the product in well. If the area appears glossy from the product, then you have applied too much.
- Apply the aftercare product throughout the day as needed to keep the area from drying out.
- Do not over-saturate your new tattoo with aftercare products! This will only “smother” your tattoo and prolong your healing time.
- Do not let the area dry out! Apply additional aftercare product whenever the tattoo feels “tight” or “itchy”.
- If a scab should form, Don’t Pick At It! This could “pull out” parts of your tattoo!!
Piercing Aftercare Instructions
- Choose an aftercare product that is specifically formulated to be used on a piercing.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin, Bactine, Alcohol etc. on a fresh piercing!
- Over the counter products were never intended to be used as piercing aftercare.
Cleaning a Piercing
- Always wash your hands with a mild soap before touching your fresh piercing.
- Touching your piercing with dirty hands can easily result in an infection.
- While in the shower wash away any crusted matter from the jewelry and the area surrounding the piercing.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then let water run over the piercing and thoroughly rinse the soap off of your skin.
Piercing Aftercare Spray
- Ensure hands and piercing are clean and rinsed using a mild soap.
- To reduce redness and irritation of a fresh piercing, spray a small amount of SimpleCare directly on your piercing 2 to 3 times per day for the first 72 hours after your procedure
- Use as needed after the first 72 hours
- Allow to dry and do not wipe off
- Please wash hands again with soap after handling your piercing
- Continue to use SimpleCare when ever your healed piercing is irritated.